Thursday, October 16, 2008

It's Time to Ban Handguns

I really enjoyed this article. It was very informative and intriguing. The use of facts by the author was very interesting and caught my attention. I love how he used a statistic as well. Numbers provide solid evidence and are very informative and persuasive. He is very good at providing images for the reader.  He gets very emotional and descriptive. I also love how he compares restrictions to having drugs and cars to having a gun. This is a very abstract comparison and is not one that most people would make. He also compares our murder rates to other countries. This also is very useful in being able to persuade the reader. He uses a lot of emotions in this essay as well to hit a nerve and get you sad or angry. I love how he points out that guns are easy to work and how anyone that can get their hands on one could probably is able to use it. Following that, he states his solution to the problem. He says that some guns should be taken off the market. He also says that there should be gun safety classes required before handling a gun. I thought that was already a law so I learned something new. 

No comments: